As Billini enters an exciting period of global growth, we are looking for a passionate and experienced Product Developer to design and develop high performing fashion accessories. Based at our modern head office in Marrickville, you will work collaboratively with our Design team and play a critical role in expanding our accessories categories.
Product Developer Application | Billini Head Office
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Reporting to the Co-founder & Creative Director, you will thrive working in a fast-paced environment and be responsible for:
- Researching trends, creating trend reports & reporting regularly on new season looks that aligns with our brands strong aesthetic and target customer
- Product sourcing & development, including international sourcing trips, ensuring product developed is as quick to market as possible
- Sourcing of materials and trims in line with seasonal trends and colour palette
- Sourcing of new suppliers and maintaining strong relationships with existing supply chain through daily communication
- Reporting & analysis for seasonal development, range plans and seasonal reviews
- Costing ranges & negotiating on cost prices through effectively monitoring the margin and profitability of all products
- Assist with sample management including all tasks relating to the development and production of the sample ranges for press and sales
- Manage and drive range reviews & range confirmation
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across multiple departments including Design, Production, Buying, Sales, Marketing, and Management
- Arrange fittings and handover to Production team to ensure quality and finish is of the highest standard and all aesthetic & technical elements are adhered toFollowing all key dates and deadlines within the seasonal calendar
- Involvement in educating and training retail division on new season product through virtual communication and product events
- Management of Design Assistants and interns
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar role, including dealing with off-shore suppliers
- A genuine interest and understanding of our brands aesthetics
- High attention to detail with exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to handle a busy and fast paced work environment and multi-task
- An enthusiastic and positive personality with a genuine love of fashion accessories
- An effective team player with a hands-on approach and ability to work collaboratively
- A desire for career progression and longevity working for a growing company
- Knowledge and experience in the fashion accessories industry is preferred but not necessary
- Enticing remuneration package
- Hybrid working arrangement: 1 day work from home, 4 days work from the office
- Generous staff discounts on Billini and Banbe products
- Modern office space in Marrickville
- Close to transport links – our office is less than a 10 minute walk from Sydenham train station
- A day off on your birthday
- Enjoy regular team bonding events
- Dog friendly office
who we are
Billini is one of Australia's leading and fastest growing brands of women’s fashion footwear and accessories at affordable price points. Banbe Eyewear is a sister brand setting a new high for fashion eyewear across the globe. Our stylish designs, value for money proposition and talented team have set the stage for our continued success and growth. Collectively our brands have grown to more than 1,000 global stockists as well as our own 28 retail stores located in Australia and powerful online stores: billini.com and banbeeyewear.com.
When you join Billini, you become part of a vibrant family that focuses on passion, collaboration and progression.
If you would like to join a growing company, a team who are working together to achieve the company’s overall goals and be rewarded for your contributions, then we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please enclose a cover letter along with your resume (max 4 pages).
This role is a Full-time Permanent Position.
Only applicants who have been short listed will be contacted in relation to their application.